We hope you make wonderful memories during your stay with us. We include our rules to make everyone's stay comfortable and safe.
The rules may look a little familiar if you have already read our policies. Our rules get into more specifics and cover a few other things. We apologize that our rules are specific, and you may even find obvious, but it is because it has happened that we include them in our rules; we want to avoid any damage or issue that we would have to charge you for.
Note: Breaking any of the rules could cause injury to yourself and/or others, and damage to the property. If any rule(s) is broken, we reserve the right to immediately remove you from the premises without a refund, and/or charge you for any damages, repairs/replacement, cleaning, fees, and time at our discretion. If we have included costs below, it is to help you understand some of the costs upfront. If costs seem high, it is because we are in a rural area, where obtaining supplies and labor have added costs that we don’t experience in the city.
We do NOT allow parties, weddings, or wedding receptions on properties. We do not allow non-registered guests on property.
We love animals, but we do NOT allow pets at the cabin. There are several reasons for this, but first and foremost, guests, as well as ourselves, have allergies to pet dander. While we do not allow pets, we cannot guarantee the cabin to be hypoallergenic, especially for those with high sensitivity. Some of our guests are pet owners, who may inadvertently carry pet dander or pet hair with them into the cabin. If a pet is brought onto the property, you will be charged $250 per pet per day, a pet cleaning fee as determined by our cleaners, and a fee for any damages done to the property that appear to be caused by a pet.
- This is a smoke-free home. No smoking of any substance, including vaping, is allowed inside the house. If there is smoking inside the house, there will be a minimum $650 cleaning fee, plus any cost associated with accommodating future guest stays in the cabin due to smoke smell. Smoking in the cabin can be cause for immediate eviction form the property without refund of reservation fees paid.
- Smoking is allowed outside (but not in the hot tub) and must be at least 6 feet away from the door.
- Please do not leave any cigarette butts, vape vials, cigar foots, or trash on our property, and please put out any burning items when you are finished.
Furniture & Decor
- If you move any furniture, please pick up the furniture to move it and be careful of scuffing walls and damaging the furniture. Don't drag or pull furniture across the floor. Please put furniture back in its original place before you leave.
- Do not move wall decor.
- Don't move furniture and electronics away from their intended area (eg. taking indoor furniture and electronics outside, or moving the grill to inside the cabin).
- If you break something, just let us know. It happens! If it's something small and an accident we will probably agree to not charge. Communication is key.
- Anything that is on property when you arrive, should stay on property at all times, unless it was meant as a consumable. We feel bad saying this: Please don't take our decor, pillows, blankets/throws, linens, towels/clothes (you can take our hot tub towels with you to the lake and bring it back during your stay), cleaning supplies, batteries from remotes, washer/dryer soaps, board games, kitchenware, appliances, furniture, or anything from the property.
- If you want something of ours, let us know and we'll do our best to tell you where we got it from so you can buy one of your own.
- Our housekeeper checks inventory at every cleaning, and any items found missing or broken will be charged accordingly to the credit card on file.
- We have security cameras facing the front entry to the property, and the back entry (not the hot tub).
- Security cameras maybe monitored by a local security company and maybe recorded for the protection of the property.
- Do not cover, move, or disconnect the cameras, as doing so will be cause immediate eviction from the property without refund of reservation and fees.
- Internet service is provided at no charge. Internet service comes from a third party and we not responsible for outages or compatibility with guest computers/devices.
- Guests may not use the cabin internet service in a manner that violates any local, state, federal or international law or regulation, including but not limited to fraudulent and obscene activity.
Indoor Gas Fireplace (Note: Not all cabins have an indoor gas fireplace.)
- Propane fireplace is available for seasonal use only - from October 1st through March 31st. If you are outside of the availability time frame, please do not turn on the fireplace.
- Moving the artificial logs in the fireplace can cause the hose to loosen or disconnect from the gas line. If this happens, the fireplace will malfunction and become inoperable. A $275 trip fee and any repairs will be charged.
- Do not use lighter fluid to start the indoor fireplace.
- Do not use the indoor fireplace to warm, roast, or cook any food, including marshmallows.
- Do not burn wood, charcoal, trash, or foreign objects in the gas fireplace.
- Fireplace should not be used with the A/C unit on. This can cause the A/C to stop working. A $175 trip fee and any repairs will be charged.
- The above actions will cause extensive damage and you will be responsible for cost of replacing or repairing damages incurred.
Property Electronic Equipment
- Video games may be connected to our smart TV.
- Only available HDMI slots may be used.
- Housekeeping will check electronics before arrival to ensure they are in working order.
- Do not unhook or disconnect any electronic equipment or other devices, including internet/Wi-fi routers.
- A $125 fee will be charged for tampering with electronic equipment that causes a service call.
- We want you to have an enjoyable stay, and we also want to respect our neighbors who want an equally enjoyable stay. Sound carries rather far outside. Please refrain from excessively loud music outdoors during your stay.
- Please observe quiet hours from 9:00 P.M. until 7:00 A.M.
- During the quiet hours loud noises such as shouting, screaming, or playing loud music outside are prohibited by development covenants.
- Excessive noise outside during quiet hours may be cause for immediate eviction from property without refund.
- All hot tubs are drained and cleaned after each guest visit. Once hot tubs have been filled, it can take 3 to 4 hours to fully heat the water; in very cold weather, it can take longer. Your hot tub water may not be at the desired temperature upon your arrival.
- Please do not adjust hot tub settings as they are set properly after cleaning. You can monitor the temperature and it will be rising as the water in the tub heats.
- If the temperature doesn't rise after an hour, then please call our housekeeping number.
- Please do not to sit or stand on the hot tub covers, or apply pressure on the cover's stand. This is for your safety and to prevent damages. Replacement cost of hot tub covers start at $650.
- Do not use hot tubs if there is thunder and or lightening in the area or surrounding area.
- Do not put foreign objects in the hot tub. Diapers, glass, toys, oils, soap, etc. cannot be put or brought into the hot tub. Foreign objects will damage the tub.
Trees and Firewood
- There are places that sell firewood in Hochatown and Broken Bow.
- If previous guests have left firewood at the cabin, you welcome to use it, but there is no guarantee that firewood will be available at the cabin.
- Please do not forage for firewood around the cabin. Do NOT cut or damage any trees no matter how small or where it is located. You will be charged a minimum $800 per tree for damaged or cut trees. Mature trees are worth thousands of dollars.
Firepit & Other Lit Items
- Our property is surrounded by trees and other flammable materials that can quickly catch fire. We ask that you contain and control your fires. Burn firewood in the fire pit and never leave it unattended. Please note that it is against the law to leave fires unattended, and fires must be put out properly. Fire bans may be issued by local authorities and state officials at any time and are not within our control. Embers or grass/leaves/trash blown by the wind can quickly spread a fire.
- Even if you don't see light or flames, ensure you have put out your fire by pouring water on it; we recommend filling cooking pots or water pitchers from the kitchen with water for this purpose. Please safely dispose of other lit or flammable items, such as but not limited to cigarette butts, cigar foots, and vaping devices and components.
- Do not throw trash, bottles, or cans in the firepit.
- Do not disassemble or move the fire pit.
- Do not throw ash in the trash or on property. Our maintenance will remove the ash from the firepit on a scheduled basis. If the ash in the firepit needs removal, please let us know.
Tents, RV’s, ATVs
- Guests may not utilize tents or RV’s without prior written approval.
- ATVs/UTVs are not permitted to be driven on property or in the neighborhood, but you may bring your vehicles to park in our driveway during your stay.
Firearms, Weapons, and Air Guns
- Absolutely NO discharge of any firearms, weapons, or air guns (eg. bb guns, pellet guns, paintball guns) anywhere on property, including the creek! The cabin is in a neighborhood with other cabins and other guests. In addition, the cabin and surrounding cabins are NOT in a legal hunting area.
- If you bring any firearms, weapons, or air guns, we recommend setting a reminder to yourself to collect them as you leave.
Discharge of fireworks are not permitted on property.
Things We Can't Control
In a perfect world, we'd give you the perfect experience. There are some things we cannot control, as such, we do not give refunds and/or cancellations for them. Examples are:
- Weather and Environmental Conditions: Weather, environmental conditions, prescribed burn bans, lake levels, etc. are out of our control.
- Temporary Utility Outages: Our cabin is in a rural area and there may be times our local utility services (eg. internet, electricity, water) can have temporary outages due to factors that we cannot control. When utility outages occur the local service providers are responsible for restoring services.
- Sounds/Noise: Cabin construction and repairs/improvement are taking place in all areas of Hochatown. We cannot predict when and where work will be occurring. Aiukli Cabins are in a mature area and noise from the work is usually not an issue. Quiet hours are usually observed by guests in surrounding cabins. If other cabin's guests are disturbing you during quiet hours, please let us know and we will attempt to contact the owner's or guests.
- Wildlife Encounters: Due to the location of our cabin in forested areas, there is a chance guests will encounter some type of wildlife, insects, or stray animals. Our property is professionally treated on a scheduled basis for interior pests, but due to the natural habitation of the forest, no refunds or compensation will be given for any problems resulting from pests inside or outside the cabin. We are not responsible for any wildlife or animal encounters of any kind. We are not responsible for medical bills resulting from injuries resulting from encounters with wildlife or stray animals. Do not feed animals you may see around the cabin nor permit them to enter the cabin. Do not allow children to play with, pet, or feed stray animals.
Items Lost or Left Behind
- We are not be responsible for items left or lost. We’ll make reasonable efforts to find the item after we receive a written request.
- If we have found your item, you may request that your item be mailed to you with a minimum fee of $35.00 to cover retrieval of item, plus shipping and handling charges will be charged.
- Items retrieved from cabin, not claimed, and requested for return within 30 days of scheduled departure will be disposed of at our discretion.
- If you leave a firearm, weapon, or air gun, you may retrieve it from us on the day of your departure before 5:00 PM. Any firearm left overnight will be transferred to you via local FFL License to a FFL license of your choosing. A minimum handling fees of $135.00, plus shipping and FFL Fees will be charged. We do not store firearms for retrieval at a later date. Any firearm not claimed and shipped after 30 days, or not picked up on day of scheduled departure from property, will be considered abandoned property and disposed of at the owner’s sole discretion.